UBC’s budget for the 2021/22 fiscal year has been approved and is now available to read on the UBC Finance website. Please use these materials to share the budget information through your channels as appropriate.
This communications toolkit is prepared for each department/unit to use when sharing this messaging across campus. You can find and download content here that suits your channels and audience needs. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us anytime:
- Key messages: Helpful messages to use if you are incorporating information about the budget into other communications.
- Reference material: Links to previous communications which may be helpful to build understanding.
- Newsletter/web content: Suggested copy for you to include in your department/unit communications channels (newsletter, website, etc.).
- Campaign image: One image is included, however, we are happy to resize if needed.
- Key contact: Who to reach out to on our team if you have any questions.
- The UBC Budget represents the financial plan for the university — it serves as a roadmap to allocate the university’s revenues against anticipated expenses for the coming fiscal year.
- UBC is recovering more positively than anticipated from the initial impacts of COVID-19. While uncertainty is still high across some areas, our financial affairs are carefully overseen by the university’s Executive and the Board of Governors, and the university continues to be rated highly by leading credit rating agencies.
- UBC is in good financial health. We are thoughtfully and proactively managing our financial position while prioritizing the long-term health and wellbeing of our students, faculty, and staff above all other considerations. We have set a solid foundation for the university’s finances for future years by driving efficiencies where possible and focusing on multi-year planning.
- Our spending priorities continue to support UBC’s strategic priorities as identified in the university’s strategic plan.
- The Budget Process landing page on the UBC Finance website shares a helpful overview, as well as a link to the full Budget report:
- A story announcing the UBC Budget is available on the UBC News website:
Content for your channels
The UBC Budget represents the financial plan for the university — it serves as a roadmap to allocate the university’s revenues against anticipated expenses for the coming fiscal year.
The Board of Governors has now approved the university budget for 2021/22, setting spending priorities for the year ahead to support the ongoing recovery from COVID-19, further UBC’s impact through key priorities, and continue support for excellence in teaching, learning, and research.
More information about this year’s budget, including details about some key investments, is available on the UBC News website.