Last updated: November 8, 2023
What we’re asking
We would like your help with sharing this information about the Furniture Reuse Program to your channels as you see fit.
The furniture reuse program accepts donations of gently used, surplus furniture from faculty and departments and resells it to the UBC community and broader public to help divert waste from disposal. Help UBC meet its zero-waste goals by keeping furniture out of the landfill.
To learn more about the Furniture Reuse Program: https://facilities.ubc.ca/furniture_reuse
For questions regarding the use of this communications toolkit, please contact:
Yvonne Kwok, Communications Manager, VPFO Communications & Engagement
This communications toolkit is prepared for each department/unit to use when sharing this messaging across campus. You can find and download content here that suits your channels and audience needs. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us anytime.
- Newsletter/email copy: recommended copy to reach your team members.
- Social media copy: sample posts and graphics for social media.
- Assets: different size graphics for newsletters, web, social media, etc.
- Digital signage: uploaded to the campus-wide network. File name: “2023 12 31 – Furniture Reuse – CC”
Help keep furniture out of the landfill
The Furniture Reuse program accepts donations of gently used, surplus furniture from faculty and departments and resells it to the UBC community and broader public to help divert waste from disposal.
By reimagining furniture waste as a reusable and valuable resource, the Furniture Reuse Program has kept over 1900 furniture items (60 garbage trucks) from disposal, avoided 95 (tonne CO2e) of carbon emissions, and saved over $950,000 in cost-avoidance.
Help UBC meet its zero-waste goals by keeping furniture out of the landfill.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and a program representative will contact you to arrange inventory and furniture viewings and/or a pick-up option.
- Visit the UBC Zero Waste Market. The UBC Zero Waste Market sells gently used furniture best suited for home use and small budgets, as well as some office supplies.
- Open every Wednesday, from 12:00–2:00 pm, at Ponderosa Annex E, Room 127. The store’s schedule and opening hours are subject to change. Please check our website prior to visiting.
For more information, visit: https://facilities.ubc.ca/furniture_reuse
UBC’s Zero Waste Market is now open
Come visit UBC Zero Waste Market at Ponderosa Annex E Room 127, open every Wednesday from 12:00-2:00 pm.
UBC’s Zero Waste Market is operated by the Furniture Reuse program, selling gently-used furniture and office-supplies at low prices to the UBC community and members of the public.
Staff and UBC Community can pay by Debit card. UBC Faculty and department administrators can pay by Internal Sales Delivery (ISD).
Learn more and check operating hours before visiting: https://facilities.ubc.ca/furniture_reuse